- Attendance – All Grade 9 and Grade 10 Confirmation students must participate in no fewer than 9 class meetings in each of the two years.
- Service – All Grade 9 and Grade 10 Confirmation students should complete 25 hours of service over the two year period. Students should keep a log detailing the service(s) completed and the number of hours associated with each type of service. Upon completing the 25 hours and before being Confirmed, all students must submit a Report on Community Service signed by the student and a parent. This form can be downloaded from the DOWNLOADS area on the right.
- Retreats – All Grade 9 and Grade 10 Confirmation students should participate in at least one retreat in each of the two years. The Parish is offering three retreats this year. Retreat hours are 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Sunday, November 20, 2016
- Sunday, January 8, 2017
- Sunday, February 12, 2017
For GRADE 10 confirmation STUDENTS only
- Sponsor – All Grade 10 Confirmation students must choose a sponsor. A form identifying the sponsor must be completed and returned to the Religious Education office. Sponsors must be Confirmed, practicing Catholics and not the parent. The form can be downloaded from the DOWNLOADS area on the right.
- Confirmation Name – Grade 10 Confirmation students may choose a Confirmation name or may use their Baptismal name. (Today, the Church recommends using the Baptismal name.)
- Letter Requesting Confirmation – All Grade 10 Confirmation students must write a letter to Fr. Jim requesting the sacrament of Confirmation. Guidelines for the letter are available in the DOWNLOADS area on the right.
- Robes – Robes will be ordered for all Grade 10 Confirmation students. Sizing information will be collected in the spring and robes will be distributed at Confirmation practice.
- Confirmation Practice – Confirmation practice will be held on Sunday, April 30, 2017 from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM. Students should report to Philbin Hall in the lower level of St. John School. Sponsors do not need to attend this practice.
- Confirmation Date – The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated on Monday, May 1, 2017 at 7:00 PM. Candidates and sponsors will gather in Philbin Hall at 6:15 PM.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact: Ronda Dew at firstname.lastname@example.org.