This vital ministry continues the tradition of instructing our children in the fundamental dogmas of faith, doctrine, tradition, and scripture as we try to bring each child into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. The focus is on prayer, learning, faith sharing, integration into daily life, and outreach. St. John’s offers both traditional classroom instruction and a Family Cluster model, as well as a special “Summer Blast” program for Grade 6.
Classroom Instruction Model
- Choice of Sunday morning (10:00 – 10:45 A.M.) or Wednesday afternoon (3:30 – 4:45 P.M.) programs.
- Students meet with volunteer teachers in classrooms in St. John School and the Parish Center.
- Students follow a defined curriculum and are introduced to a safety program endorsed by the Office of Child Advocacy.
- Students are invited to participate in a liturgy during the year.
- A service project appropriate for all grades is part of your child’s experience. Parental support is requested.
First Reconciliation and First Communion
To receive the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion, students must attend the 2nd grade program, and it is expected that they have attended 1st grade religious education classes at either a parish, parochial school or cluster. We must have a Baptismal Certificate on file for each student. An informational meeting for Grade 2 parents will be held on Sunday, October 16 at 7:30pm in Philbin Hall. Please see the First Reconciliation and First Communion Details pages for specific information.
For More Information
Contact: Linda Messore at firstname.lastname@example.org.