This vital ministry continues the tradition of instructing our children in the fundamental dogmas of faith, doctrine, tradition, and scripture as we try to bring each child into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. The focus is on prayer, learning, faith sharing, integration into daily life, and outreach. St. John’s offers both traditional classroom instruction and a Family Cluster model.
Classroom Instruction Model
- Choice of Sunday Morning (10:00 – 10:45 A.M. weekly) or Monday Evening (5:30 – 6:30 P.M. bi-weekly/as scheduled) programs.
- Students meet with volunteer teachers in classrooms in the Parish Center.
- Students follow a defined curriculum and are introduced to a safety program endorsed by the Office of Child Advocacy.
- Students are invited to participate in a grade-level liturgy during the year.
- A service project appropriate for all grades is part of your child’s experience. Parental support is requested.
important information for GRADE 1 parents
An informational meeting for Grade 1 parents is held in the Fall. The agenda will be posted in the DOWNLOADS section – please check for important information.
important information for GRADE 2 parents
First Reconciliation and First Communion
An informational meeting for Grade 2 parents will be held in the Fall. The agenda will be posted in the DOWNLOADS section – please check for important information.
To receive the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion, students must attend the 2nd Grade program and attend Mass regularly, and it is expected that they will have attended 1st Grade religious education classes at either a parish, parochial school or cluster. We must have a Baptismal Certificate on file for each student.
Specific information about this year’s sacraments will be posted in the DOWNLOADS section – please be sure to review these important documents (First Reconciliation Details and First Communion Details).
For More Information
Contact: Linda Messore at firstname.lastname@example.org.